onsdag den 11. januar 2012

Noget om at lave sin egen kage / Something about baking my own cake

http://veganmuffinsonthemove.blogspot.com/ has made it their mission to spread vegan muffins all over the world. Each month there will be a new yummy muffin to bake, taste and bring somewhere else to let other people taste, AND tell them how easy it is to make nice vegan cakes.


I’m really into this. 
Well, to be honest, I’ve  actually only made one batch from the first recipe, cinnamon crunch muffins, they are so good and we love them. And so do our friends who helped gulp them down. Nothing was left. But I do like the concept....





I also made these:




Which is Golden Vanilla Cupcakes . That is, I added 9 tbsp of cocoa and put a marshmellow at the bottom of the empty papercup. They were also a nice treat, but the others were even better.


Little son, who has a birthday coming up soon, has asked for the crunchy ones to be his birthday cake.  And so it shall be.


Last weekend I felt for making something which was more like what I used to bake before we veganised our food. We have so much unknown food all the time, we need something which is like what we used to eat. 
I like making cakes containing a lot to chew. Fruit, chocolate, nuts.

I headed out from the above cinnamon crunch recipe:

I skipped the crunchy part. 
As I didn’t have any applesauce I replaced it with some baked potato:
This is how it ended up:

½ cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
¼ cup finely grated baked potato
¼ cup vegan sour cream + ¼ cup soy creamer (as my sour cream is very dry)
The seeds of 1 vanilla pod.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2-3 tbsp water/orange juice
1 bag (100 g) of dry fruit, pineapple, melon, papaya (Anna og Claras specialiteter – søstrene grene)
100 g dark 70% chocolate chopped roughly.
 
This was the result:



These were not as fluffy as the original, but more heavy and moist. And actually they resembled the cakes I made before we changed our diet. Mission completed…..
And I’m so very proud as I am now able to be spontaneous and have success, also on the vegan trail.


Thank you for passing by.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar