søndag den 27. november 2011

Den første søndag i advent / The First Sunday of Advent

Then it became the first Sunday in Advent.

It was just yesterday we were there last time.
We don’t really have any traditions for this day or rather these days, the four Sundays before Christmas.  But this year we actually have a decoration with four candles. Nothing special. The past days has been spent having extra shifts at work. So this is what I made in about five minutes.


Last time we went to IKEA we bought some appleglögg.

I thought a nice cake to go with the glögg would make a nice treat for us this afternoon.
So I made a batch of these cupcakes Golden Vanilla Cupcakes
I added 9 tbsp of plain cocoa powder
And 50 g. of chopped dark chocolate 70%
And put a whole almond on the top (12)

They were absolutely scrummy. It’s the first time I really succeeded making cake without eggs. They have all (three of them) been very heavy and either too sweet (even though I cut down the sugar amount) or without any taste at all. I’m so yuppie, we have really missed having a nice piece of cake. So thank you ever so much Isa Chandra Moskowitz for making this 


a possibility.

In a few days it’s my birthday. We have a tradition of making a layered pie at birthdays.
My wish is that the cake layers is made from this recipe.

We had the appleglögg hot with raisins and almonds.


It tasted really nice (the grownups also got a splash of rum in the mug - yummi). This glögg has more acid than the ordinary glögg mix you can buy in the supermarkets in Denmark. I like that, normally it’s so so sweet. (So this was a kind of promotion:-))

Thank you for passing by.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar